Dial One Pest Control – Killing Bed Bugs in New Orleans!
If you are ready to kill the bed bugs in your home or business, contact the bed bug experts at Dial One Franklynn Pest Control for a permanent solution to bed bug problems!
With all the recent news, there has been an increasing amount of interest recently in how to effectively kill bed bugs. The bad news is that once you have spotted a bed bug infestation, controlling the spread is almost impossible without the help of a professional. And you can forget any of the “do it yourself” methods you may read about on the internet. Here is a more in-depth look at why it’s so hard to kill bed bugs.
Successfully identifying the problem
Everyone has heard of bed bugs, yet they are easily missed and are often confused with other pests. In fact, a prominent New Orleans hotel manager recently shared a story about a guest reporting seeing a bed bug in her room. But when the staff later captured the critter, it turned out to be a ladybug!
One of the main reasons is that they are tiny pests and nocturnal in nature. This makes them hard to see and since they are mostly active at night, they are very difficult to detect unless you detect the blood stains they leave or suffer from allergic bites. In most cases, by the time a client is aware that they have a bed bug problem; it has spread throughout their home or often and is beyond the point of control.
Killing bed bugs
This is where the tricky part begins. Because bed bugs spread so quickly and can live almost anywhere, they are extremely difficult to successfully eliminate. The perceived problems with killing bed bugs can be primarily linked to 2 issues:
1. Cost conscious people attempting “do it yourself” methods which ultimately fail. When people try over and over again to control a pest unsuccessfully, they begin to think maybe it can’t be done.
2. Poor service from pest control companies. The bed bug epidemic is relatively new, and many pest control companies lack the training or experience to successfully eliminate these tough pests.
If you know you have picked up bed bugs while you were traveling, you can drop off your luggage to our fumigation chamber before you bring the bugs home with you. We are only 10 minutes from the airport at Phlox Avenue and Airline Hwy.
Because bed bugs can live on almost any surface, it is important to be vigilant even after treatment to ensure that they do not return. A single female bed bug can lay 500 eggs over the course of her lifespan, meaning that just a few bed bugs can quickly grow into a problem if they are not contained.
To ensure that your bed bug problem is truly gone, consider the following:
- Use plastic, zipping mattress covers if you keep your mattress after fumigation
- Look around your home and car for items that may carry bed bugs that you missed during treatment such as bags with sports equipment, clothing in your car, or even the seats and carpets in your vehicle
- Are your purses or luggage serving as a home to bed bugs? Especially if you picked up the bed bugs from a hotel, your luggage could be carrying unwanted pests.
Don’t Wait – Call Us Today
If you are trying to kill bed bugs in your New Orleans home or office, contact Dial One Pest Franklynn Control today. Our courteous and well-trained staff will get this problem under control as soon as possible.